Fellow blogger and a friend of mine, John, recently nominated me for the Liebster Award. This award is given to an up & coming blogger from another up & coming blogger. Honestly, I never thought my blog was that exciting or interesting, but the more comment and follows I’ve been getting means you guys have been proving me wrong. I’m honored that John over at Starbucks in the City, has nominated me for the Liebster Award!
So here’s how the Liebster Awards work. Those that are nominated are asked to share 11 facts about themselves, answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated them, nominate 11 more bloggers, and give them 11 questions to answer.
11 Facts About Me:
1. I’m obsessed with shoes & handbags.
2. I’m almost done with my master’s degree from NYU’s School of Continuing and Professional Studies.
3. I’m a huge Detroit Red Wings fan.
4. I’m a huge Disney fan and I’m sure once I have kids I will still be more excited to go to DisneyWorld than they are.
5. I’m a proud sister of Alpha Phi (Delta Eta chapter and NYC Metro Alumnae Chapter)
6. I’m a licensed Zumba instructor
7. I love social media (especially Twitter and Instagram – follow me! @Muffy_Tweets on Twitter and @MELsk8 on Instagram)
8. I write letters to my BFF in Tennessee instead of emailing her.
9. I have a long distance relationship with an amazing man who lives in Ohio.
10. I still love my boyfriend even though he’s from an awful state (I can say that because I’m from Michigan)
11. I consider my mom one of my best friends.
11 Questions to Answer:
1. Coffee or tea?
Coffee for sure!
2. Why did you start your blog?
To keep track of my running progress and for extra motivation from fellow runners.
3. When you’re not blogging, what are you doing?
Writing my capstone paper to graduate. It’s only been two weeks but it’s one of the most time consuming things I’ve ever had to do.
4. LA, SF or NYC?
NYC – I’m not a big fan of the west coast.
5. What is your favorite book? And why?
The Last Song – I love Nicholas Sparks to begin with but this book really captured my heart. I enjoyed every second of it and didn’t want to put it down at all. The movie didn’t do it justice which was a huge disappointment.
6. What is your favorite website? And why?
Le Tote – it’s a subscription based clothing service similar to Nextflix. I’m on there at least twice a week to add clothes to my wish list for my next box.
7. Snow angels or sand castles?
Snow angels – even though I love the beach, I’ve never been able to build a good sandcastle. Making snow angels is a Michigan thing anyways.
8. When you go out to a bar, what’s your drink of choice?
9. What are you going to be for Halloween?
Kate Beckett from the ABC show Castle. The boyfriend is going as Rick Castle. First time we’re actually doing a couples costume.
10. Where do you want to be in 10 years?
Living somewhere in the midwest working for a sports team and probably married.
11. How are you going to get there?
Finishing my degree and finding a job in the field I love. As for the moving to the midwest and getting married part…that I’m not ready to think about. Enjoying my time in the big city right now.
11 Blogs I Nominate:
- 500 Words Blog
- Amy on the Run
- The Lazy Marathoner
- Central Sweat
- Just Louise Please
- Pursuing PR
- Two Dogs and A Baby (on the way)
- Agape, Katie xx
- Krista’s Kupcakes
- Always A Rae of Sunshine
11 Questions I Want My Nominees to Answer:
- What do you consider your greatest accomplishment?
- What’s your favorite TV show and why?
- Salty or sweet snacks?
- What’s your favorite sport?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What’s your favorite candy?
- What publication do you enjoy reading?
- Cooking or take-out?
- What’s your favorite Disney movie?
- How do you spend your free time?
Thanks again to John for my nomination and congrats to all the nominees of the Liebster Awards!