Dumbo Double Dare Training: Week 13

Well another week has come and gone, and I have not gotten in the runs I need to. I did a better job about staying active this week though, so that’s something.

On Monday I started out the week with a run. I did 2.53 miles in 30 minutes. I was kind of tired, so I knew I wasn’t going to run as fast as I normally could because it just felt hard. I was happy with the 11:49 average pace because I took a good chunk of walking breaks. Being under 12-minute miles was good enough for me.

Tuesday I took the day off from my workout and went out to dinner with my mom and a family friend. Since my training schedule calls for a run on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I figured Monday covered my Tuesday run. I missed yoga, which was kind of a bummer, but I had gone to paddleboard yoga on Sunday, so it was fine.

Wednesday I ranted about fitness, and at the end of my rant I mentioned I would run that night. I did not, but I did go for a walk on the beach when I got home from work. I had mentioned I just wanted to run outside, so I decided to go outside. It was too hot to run, but it was fine to walk. I was still covered in sweat at the end of it, but at least I had gotten to feel the sunshine on my face and the sea breeze rolling in. I felt better after that.

On Thursday I made it back to Zumba! It’s been a month or so since I was able to go to a Zumba class so I was excited to get back. As I was driving to the gym from work, I really just wanted to go home, but I told myself I would feel better after getting a good Zumba sweat on and forced myself to get there. I’m so glad I did because it was so much fun and I felt so great afterwards. I’m glad I was able to get back there, and I’m hoping life won’t get in the way too much and I’ll be able to go every week again.

I packed my gym back on Friday morning not planning on going to the gym, but also not planning on not going to the gym. I figured I would see how the day went and how I felt by the end of it. My neck and shoulder were really bothering me at work, so I figured I shouldn’t stress the muscles out anymore, and just came home.

Today I planned on getting up for a run at 7am before it got too hot. There was some light rain when I woke up and I was tired so I decided against it. Then I was unsuccessful at falling back asleep, so I got up about 7:30am…and guess what, it was no  longer raining. At that point I didn’t have time to get out for a run because I had an appointment at 9:30am. Factoring in the time I’d need to get dressed, eat breakfast, and shower after my run, I wouldn’t have had much time to run.

Hopefully I’ll make it to the gym this afternoon or tomorrow to get another run in. I can only hope, right?

One Comment Add yours

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.