I had been a long time Fitbit user, and I really enjoyed my Fitbit. However, recently mine Alta started to have battery issues and I was getting fed up with it. One of my friends had purchased the Leaf by Bellabeat. It almost looks like a piece of jewelry it’s so pretty. So when I decided to purchase a new fitness tracker, I decided to break from tradition and instead of getting a new Fitbit, I decided to get the Leaf Urban.
Here are the things I absolutely LOVE about it:
- Super fashionable and looks like anything but a fitness tracker
- Can be worn as a bracelet, necklace or clip. Just don’t forget to switch the settings when you switch the way you wear it, otherwise, it won’t track accurately.
- Simple, but visual app interface
- Has guided meditation exercises built in on the app
While I really like this tracker, there are a few things that I’ve had a hard time getting used to or could be improved:
- Does not have an all-day sync function. One thing I loved about my Fitbit was that it would load my steps throughout the day. This one I have to ask it to sync when I want to check my progress.
- No clock. I mean, it’s much prettier meaning the functional portion of having a clock built in is no longer there. While not a terrible thing, it took me a long time to get used to not looking at my wrist to check the time.
- Replacement batteries. Now, I have not needed to do this yet, however, I prefer being able to charge my electronics vs. replacing batteries.
- The sleep tracking editing is not the best. The first time I went to edit my sleep, I just wanted to adjust the time I fell asleep. It should a portion of the night that I was awake, which I was, and once I edited the time I fell asleep, it showed I was asleep all night and met my goal. I couldn’t find a way to fix it.
Overall I’m very happy with my choice to switch to Bellabeat. While it’s not perfect, I enjoy the functions it has. I have looked at some of the other products by Bellabeat and they certainly interest me. After having this tracker a little while longer, I think I may check out some other items.
Disclaimer: This review is completely my own opinion. I was not contacted by HungryRoot and have not received any compensation for this review. All thoughts are my own. For more information, read my disclosure policy.